If you’re currently working and living in Oman – the chances are that you have a driver’s license and a car for transportation. However, there might come the time that you’ll have to renew your driver’s license to continue your privilege of being able to drive on a foreign country.
Furthermore, renewing a driver’s license can be problematic, especially if you don’t have the right knowledge, and you’re in a different country. That’s why on this article, we would include the complete process of renewing a driver’s license in Oman as a useful guide for expats & residents.
Step-by-step Guide on How to Renew a Driver’s License in Oman
An Oman driving license can be used for a maximum of 10 years. Most foreign workers in Oman tends to stay longer than ten years, and that would require them to replace their driving permit. The process of getting a driver’s license renewed in Oman is easy to understand and accomplish. Once you’ve successfully renewed your license, you can enjoy another ten years of driving.
A. Process of Renewal:
- Write all necessary details on your application form
- Put two images of yourself on your application.
- Submit your application form to an official; the officer would then input your data on their computer system.
- Pay all necessary fines & fees.
- Lastly, your driver’s license would then be issued by the officer.
- You must physically appear at the renewal centre.
- You must include and submit your sponsors signature with approval stamp on your application form.
- If you’re under an individual sponsorship, you should present a copy of your sponsor’s I.D & a no objection letter.
C. Required Documents:
- Original & copy of your I.D, or passports for Omani citizens.
- Photocopy and original of your residence card.
- Your original driver’s license.
The process of renewal would take approximately 15 minutes to finish. You can always renew your license even though it’s been expired for an extended period, and that won’t cost you any extra fees. Moreover, you cannot renew your driver’s license if you don’t have a valid residence visa. Renewal for light vehicles would cost you OMR20.
Having these points in mind, your renewal for a driver’s license in Oman would be relatively more comfortable than ever before. As you drive around Oman, also remember that you should always be careful and follow all traffic rules.